Tibiao Antique- Haven for relaxation


 


Antique is located at the western part of Visayas. The kawa hot bath is famous in this place located at Barangay Importante Tibiao Antique.

 

 I stayed at Kayak inn for 1 night and paid 950 pesos which includes 500 pesos for the accommodation, 200 pesos for food and 250 for Kawa hot bath. There are also other activities including kayaking, tubing, and trekking. I tried the trek to Bugtong falls you just need to pay 150 pesos for the tour guide. It was 7 falls but 3 falls are only accesible to tourists. You can reach the 7 falls if you are a pro climber. After trekking I go back to Kayak inn to experience the kawa hot bath. While waiting for my hot bath I watched on how they prepare. Here' a short video.




After my relaxing kawa hot bath I just enjoyed the moment. Since my mobile phone don't have signal I just watched the river flowing while the sun sets.


I've never felt alone during my stay here because the sound of flowing river welcomes me, I have lunch with chickens, dinner with dog and at night a gecko watched me overnight while I'm asleep. Then in the morning singing birds wakes me up and before I leave a cow says goodbye to me with the residents that are kind and hospitable. 

How to get here:
Antique can be reached by air via Kalibo, Caticlan or Iloilo. It can also be reached by sea
via Caticlan. I tried by sea with 2go travel from Batangas port to Caticlan jetty port. From caticlan port you can ride a bus bound to Antique  just tell to the conductor to drop you at Brgy Importante in Tibiao. Fare cost 110 pesos. Then from the arc of Brgy Importante ride a habal habal going to the place you are staying. Fare will cost you 70 pesos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monasterio de Tarlac

Unexpected Trip To Sky Plaza Natividad Pangasinan

Venice Grand Canal Mall- Taguig